This research is supported by you, our readers, through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
One of the smartest business moves you can make is formalizing your company by forming a legal entity in Texas. This can be a great way to protect your personal assets and maintain limited liability protection for your business(1).
However, choosing the right LLC service can be tricky. Many services out there claim to be the best, but only a few of them truly stand out.
Don't know which one is the best for your business?
Don't fret; we're here to help.
This article will review three of the best LLC formation services in Texas. We'll discuss their features, pros, cons, and what you should look for when choosing them.
A Quick Preview:
Our List of The 3 Best LLC Formation Services in Texas
Best Overall — ZenBusiness
- A wide range of value-added LLC services offered
- Top-notch customer service
- Trusted by thousands of businesses
Starting my list of the best LLC formation services in Texas is the much-talked-about ZenBusiness.
I particularly like the ZenBusiness company because it stands out from the competition. With them by my side, I can count on a complete package that supports all the aspects of an LLC.
This includes formation, annual maintenance, registered agent services, and banking.
It offers comprehensive state-specific kits that give you all the information to start an LLC in Texas and other parts of the country.
You can become a corporate body immediately after you fill out your application online in no time.
Additionally, there is excellent customer service to help out if I get stuck.
There are not any disadvantages that would keep clients from choosing ZenBusiness.
Apart from the free operating agreement, there are no hidden charges. Every activity and process is clearly displayed on their website, so you know what you are paying for when you pay for your business set-up services.
The pricing and value they offer are too good to ignore, especially if you compare it with other providers in the industry.
Another selling point of Zenbusiness LLC is that they offer unique features you won’t find in other service providers. Features such as an invoicing app and an operating agreement template helps ease the handling of future business transactions. Furthermore, there is an option to add any of their services to whichever plan you are currently on, albeit at a different pricing.
Here are more things to love about ZenBusiness:
- Customer service is available through phone and email: Every client gets a dedicated manager who will take care of them closely throughout their business life cycle to ensure that they get personalized support at all times.
- Free Operating Agreement: ZenBusiness gives new LLC clients a free operating agreement. This is especially helpful for those who want to avoid the hassle of drafting one from scratch.
- Ease of Use: One of the main reasons ZenBusiness is our top pick is because they are extremely easy to use. The entire process of forming an LLC with them can be completed online in just a few minutes.
In my opinion, businesses must ensure their selected service is easy to use to avoid unnecessary complications.
- Additionally, their website is packed with helpful resources that business owners can use to learn more about LLCs and how to use them effectively. This makes ZenBusiness an excellent choice for entrepreneurs who are new to the world of LLCs.
- They also have personalized support. You will be assigned your own dedicated manager who will stay with you for the lifetime of your business and ensure that you get all the help you need whenever required.
- Low Price: Another huge advantage of working with ZenBusiness is the pricing. For as little as $49, you can get the services of a lifetime.
The Starter plan:
The ZenBusiness Starter package, also known as the Starter Plan, costs $49 per year (plus state fees). The company will take care of the whole LLC creation procedure for you.
The perks in this plan include:
- Preparation and filing of articles of organization
- LLC operating agreement framework to help you define your company's corporate structure and CPA or accounting assessment
- Business name availability search or name registration
- 12 months free registered agent service
ZenBusiness LLC formation Pro package costs $199( including state fees) annually.
Here, you get everything in the Starter plan plus:
- Company document templates to help you describe your company's ownership structure.
- Federal tax ID number (EIN) or social security number for a corporate entity,
- Online documents access
- Expedited Filing
- Worry-free guarantee,
- Banking resolution template
The ZenBusiness Premium plan costs $299( state fee) annually.
The premium package offers everything in the Pro package plus:
- Rush filing service
- Hiring employees
- Business domain name
- Business emails and website
Based on Our Review
I liked how intuitive the Zenbusiness platform was during testing. The customer service was also reliable and I liked the features they offered.
- Pocket-friendly pricing, no hidden charges
- Easy to use, great for start-ups and budding entrepreneurs
- Fast turnaround time
- Clients can add seperate services to any of the plans they choose. This gives room for flexibility and a more personalized plan.
- Relatively new, may lack the experience of established providers in the industry
- While most LLC services offer legal services, Zenbusiness doesn’t, this can be a drawback for clients looking for access to legal resources.
Best For Simplified Business Solutions — Northwest Registered Agent
- Fees and turnaround time are transparent
- A reputation of providing excellent customer service
- Easy to use website
Here comes another top-notch LLC service provider you can count on. With over two decades of experience, Northwest Registered Agent has helped countless individuals and businesses with LLC formations and incorporations.
The company uses the slogan "We're Just Not Annoying" to refer to how they ensure that their clients' best interest is the number one priority.
Aside from this, Northwest is geared towards ensuring that your LLC will get the best protection against creditors and lawsuits.
They don't just offer a simplified business suite that helps clients do their legal work.
In fact, this is just one of the many things that make Northwest Registered Agent different from its competitors.
Whether you need corporate mail or notary public services, you can rely on them for a complete package deal that won't disappoint and give you superb customer service at the same time.
Here is why you should consider Northwest Registered Agent:
- No Hidden Fees: You get what you paid for: They have a transparent pricing system and never hike their prices.
- It may not be among the cheapest; Northwest Registered Agent doesn't bring up surprises with what they charge.
- Also, partnering with Northwest for your LLC formation ($39 + state fee), you have Free Registered Agent Service for the first year.
- Clients' Privacy: Northwest Registered Agent is one of the few companies that will never sell or reveal your contact information to third parties.
In my opinion, it’s best to pay attention to the security rating of the RA you choose as this will save you from data theft.
- Excellent customer service: They've been serving clients for years and have a reputation for impeccable customer service. This LLC service in Texas will get back to you in a timely manner so that you won't have to wait all day for a reply.
Northwest Registered Agent Pricing
LLC formation: $39 + state fee
Features included in this package are:
- Corporate Guide® Service
- Business Address
- Mail Forwarding
- LLC formation and maintenance
- Registered Agent Service
- Privacy by Default®
Registered Agent service: Free the 1st year (then $125 per year)
In this package, you get:
- Annual Report ($100)
- EIN filing ($50)
- Virtual phone service: $9 per month
- Virtual office: $49 per month
- LLC Kit (comes in two versions $40 or $80)
- Mail Forwarding ($40 per month)
- Foreign Qualification ($150)
- Virtual Office ($49 per month)
- Certified copy of Articles of Organization: $55
- Corporate supplies (binders, embossers, etc.): $15–$100
Based on Our Review
Northwest RA has the best customer service of all the registered agents I reviewed. The customer support was reliable and I liked the security it offered.
- Been around a long time, with plenty of experience
- Lots of positive reviews online
- No Confusing Packages and upsells
- Privacy, confidential and business-centric service
- Membership fees can run up quicklyCalling for a refund is a tedious process.
Best budget-friendly option— Incfile LLC Service
- Reasonably priced compared to competitors
- Almost two decades of industry experience
- Competent team with the highest level of knowledge in their niche
Last but not least, on my list of best Texas LLC formation services is Incfile LLC Service. They've been around since 2004 and are trusted by over 500 000 individuals and corporate bodies.
The company offers premium services at affordable prices, and they have been able to establish themselves as one of the leaders in the industry.
The Incfile LLC Service provides small and medium businesses with a chance to take advantage of some of the best business formation tools available.
The fact that a highly qualified team of professionals manages them has also made them stand out from other companies in their industry, providing a solid foundation for the company's growth.
If I was looking for a company that provides not just affordable, but a wide range of resources for my small business, Incfile LLC Services would be my go-to firm.
A key part of Incfile’s notorious ease of use is that they have automated a large part of their services, which is essential to saving time and cost of having to ask from the client's service representative. For example, a client’s dashboard contains alerts, status of documents sent to the state and federal government, e.t.c.
Here are some of the reasons they've won the hearts of thousands of businesses:
- Bookkeeping and Accounting Services: In addition to business formations, Incfile provides accounting and bookkeeping services for clients to further ease the burden of running a business.
- Fast turnaround time: Your LLC business formation on Incfile will take no longer than 10-15 minutes. On top of that, they perform state filing the same day, and your legal documents will be prepared and ready to sign by our team of professionals.
If you never want to miss government compliance, I think it’s important to choose agents with quick turnaround time.
- Discounted pricing: The prices at Incfile LLC are something competitors can't beat! There are no hidden fees when you partner with Incfile.
- Ease of Use: Incfile LLC provides a simple and efficient design, making the registration process more comfortable and easier. They offer a wide range of assistance in their services, including various options for you to choose from.
- High level of customer service: The Incfile LLC team is available 7 days a week to serve you 24 hours a day, so there is no reason to worry about the future of your business. Unique design and user-friendly interface.
The company offers three tiers of packages. These include Silver, Gold, and Platinum.
Let's take a look at these in detail.
While competitors charge between $40-$90 to help form an LLC, it comes at no cost, excluding the state fee when you partner with Incfile.
Also, in the silver package, you have:
- Business Tax Consultation
- Next day order processing
- 365 days of registered agent services
- Lifetime company compliance alerts
- Business website
The Incfile gold package costs $149 (plus state fees) yearly. This package contains everything that the Silver package offers, plus some additional features.
The Gold service includes:
- Employer Identification Number (EIN),
- corporate forms
- banking resolution
- Unlimited Phone & Email Support
- IRS Form 2553 filing/S-corp election
- Online Access Dashboard
- Business Tax Consultation
The Platinum package costs $299 (plus state fees). At this tier, you get everything the Gold package offers. It also comes with the following:
- Business Contract Templates
- Domain Name + Business Email
- Expedited Filing
Based on Our Review
I found Incfile's pricing was among the most affordable I’ve reviewed. This service also impressed me with the quick turnaround time and my legal documents were sorted in time.
- Unlimited phone/email support
- Clients have access to real-time order tracking until they secure final documentation
- Great for both small and established firms
- Affordability coupled with excellent customer value
- Clients may wait up to 24 hours to get feedback from a customer agent
Does Incfile Offer Continuous Support?
Yes! Incfile promises to offer ongoing support as the clients continue to use the service. Just by emailing your questions, you will get a response within 24-hours.
How Long Does it Take Incfile to Form an LLC?
Forming an LLC takes 10-15 minutes on average. This quick turnaround process is what makes Incfile so unique and special.
Is ZenBusiness any good??
The short answer is YES! They have a 4.8 out of 5-star rating on prominent review sites like Trustpilot. Given that ZenBusiness has just been in operation since 2015, the enormous positive reviews speak volumes about their business.
Why choose Northwest to form my LLC or corporation?
Northwest Registered Agent offers a full suite of services for corporations, Limited Liability Companies, and Non-profit corporations. Hence, you will have support from a team of experts.
Choosing the best online LLC formation service can be difficult for anybody. Business owners can quickly get lost in a jumble of names, acronyms, and confusing combinations of services.
If you are like me, you'll find ZenBusiness to be the best Texas LLC formation service provider.
The reason is that it can meet your expectations in the simplest way possible. You can count on excellent customer support, quick turnaround times, and incredible prices compared to others in the business.
However, others on the list also make it hard to choose. With them in mind, you should consider what works best for your business, what client reviews have to say, and what costs you can cover.
If you have questions or concerns, do not hesitate to leave them in the comments.
- What Is an LLC? Pros and Cons of a Limited Liability Company. Retrieved from https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/small-business/starting-successful-llc#benefits-of-an-llc
Hours of Research