This research is supported by you, our readers, through our independently chosen links, which earn us a commission. Learn More
If you are starting a Limited Liability Company in Delaware, then you need a Registered Agent Service. Delaware Registered Agents serve as intermediaries between business owners and the State Division of Corporation.
You can be your company’s Registered Agent provided you are above 18 years, will be available during working hours, and can effectively manage documentation processes at the expense of your privacy.
However, if you find these requirements cumbersome, then you need to hire Registered Agent Services. This article is tailored to the needs of business owners, and hence, presents the best Delaware Registered Agents Services.
A Quick Preview:
Our Review of the Best Wyoming Registered Agent services
Best Overall — Editor’s Choice — Northwest Registered Agent($125/year)
- Instant online registration and dashboard
- Cross country registered agents
- Established longtime Registered Agent
- Address privacy which keeps your address hidden from public records.
Since its inception in 1998, Northwest Registered Agent has registered over two million businesses. This Delaware Registered Agent seeks to make the process of forming a business and using a registered agent as simple as possible.
Northwest is open and honest with its clients. There are no hidden charges, sales gimmicks, or phone extensions. They're well-known for sticking to their slogan, "We are just not annoying." Northwest has the ideal staff strength for personalised and dependable service.
Northwest Delaware Registered Agent has a decent overall rating and reviews. These ratings indicate their admirable culture of customer care service.
Based on Our Review
I liked how easy I could access the platform and review their options during my review. I also found the lifetime customer support to be very useful.
- Overall positive reviews on Trustpilot, thanks to outstanding customer care and an easy-to-use platform.
- It has the first year of free RA service for new customers. This way, new customers can judge their services and cancel if unsatisfied.
- They have fast business filings, suitable for business owners on a constrained timeline.
- Optimal data security and privacy to help keep personal life away from the business.
- The refund process is not automated, meaning clients must go through customer service for cancellations or refunds.
- Business formation and incorporation can’t be done without their RA service, which means extra cost.
Northwest Registered Agent is a top rated Delaware Registered Agent Services because of its many benefits to clients. It is a good RA for new business owners as well as established business owners. Its registration packages are tailored to the peculiar needs of each client.
Cheapest Delaware Registered Agent — Zenbusiness($99/year)
- Affordable registration packages
- Offers new businesses a variety of business formation services
- Easy link up with Delaware State Division Cooperation
The ZenBusiness Starter package is one of the cheapest Delaware Registered Agent Services, and it includes everything an entrepreneur needs to start an LLC. ZenBusiness can incorporate your LLC, as well as supply you with an Operating Agreement and Registered Agent Service, for an affordable fee.
Higher packages include compliance and online services while being cost-effective. In comparison to its competitors, ZenBusiness offers quick turnaround times, outstanding customer service, and low service rates.
The full registration process is done online, it's quick and easy. ZenBusiness assists you in remaining compliant and in good standing with the State Division of Corporation once you have employed their registered services. Their customer care lines are available six days a week to address any inquiries clients may have.
Based on Our Review
This agent was the most affordable in my review. Asides the affordable pricing, I found it straightforward to register on the platform
- Good turnaround time ensures timelines are not missed or forgotten by clients.
- Competitive pricing makes them one of the most easily accessible RA services.
- Extra customer support during weekends for easy access to information and resources.
- Free accounting services for the first year of business help ease the burden and cost of accounting for business owners.
- Complicated refund policy and terms mean stressful and unsuccessful attempts at recovering money.
- Relatively new in the market with limited resources may affect business owners needing them.
ZenBusiness has filed and formed thousands of LLCs since 2015, and will continue to improve on its already stellar track record in the years ahead. For people wishing to hire one of the best Delaware Registered Agent Services, ZenBusiness provides a commendable collection of services.
Best Interstate Presence — Incfile ($119/year)
- A nationally reputable Registered Agent Service
- Effective Register Agent
- Operates a website that is simple to use and aids easy documentation
- Unlimited customer support via phone or email.
Since 2004, Incfile has worked with over 75,000 businesses. This Delaware Registered Agent is an offshoot of its several branches across the country. Incfile has built a reputation for providing high-quality service at a lesser price than its competitors.
The company provides a free registered agent service for a full year, as well as a free basic business formation (excluding state taxes), email reminders about ongoing compliance requirements for LLC. Incfile also secures online storage of clients’ documents and makes it easily accessible to the client.
Based on Our Review
I was impressed by Incfile’s online platform during testing. I also found their pricing to be affordable and it was the second most affordable service in my review.
- Competitive pricing makes them affordable to new and sole business owners.
- The first year of RA service for new customers is free, which helps reduce the whole cost of onboarding.
- An automated process that makes their platform very easy to use allows clients to check filing processes and updates.
- Their one-business-day filing policy and fast turnaround time suit business owners on a deadline.
- Bad customer support as everything is automated; talking with real people is challenging.
- The cancellation policy, which is not clearly stated, makes it hard to recover money.
Many of the basic and standard packages this Delaware Registered Agent offers include services that are available from other providers for a fee. However, their basic and cheaper plans do not include an Operating Agreement.
Best for Fresh Entrepreneurs — Legalzoom ($299/year)
- It has over 1.5 million clients
- Includes a compliance calendar in its registration package
- Provides unlimited cloud storage for documents.
- Intuitive online platform for improved accessibility.
LegalZoom's service offerings are among the most diverse in the online legal services industry. LegalZoom's one-time services are more expensive than those offered by other companies.
Its registration packages with flat monthly prices, on the other hand, can benefit businesses that require ongoing legal help. With this in mind, LegalZoom is the ideal choice for people seeking industry-leading reliability and experience in business creation and online legal services.
Based on Our Review
I liked how easily I could access Legalzoom’s online platform. Also, their customer support was top-notch during my tests.
- A large resource bank for clients is good for people with different business setups.
- As an established RA service, they have more reach to help clients solve complicated issues faster.
- Good customer support, which is easily accessible and aids in quick problem-solving.
- The expensive pricing can hurt some new ventures.
- Their turnaround times are slow even with expeditions, creating chaotic timelines for their clients.
If you are looking to enjoy legal benefits aside from the Registered Agent Service, then LegalZoom is an affordable Registered Agent for you.
Best Reputation — Rocket Lawyer ($150/year)
- Balanced registered agent service that meets all of your demands
- Premium registration package members receive a 25% discount on service benefits
- Focused on legal matters
- Free 7-day membership trial for new users to get a proper feel of the platform.
If you need continuous legal services after forming your LLC, Rocket Lawyer is a smart option. Premium users have access to legal papers and legal assistance through Rocket Lawyer's subscription-based approach for continuous legal services. After consulting with a lawyer on new legal concerns, you can save up to 40% on attorney hourly rates.
Rocket Lawyer's contract templates library, which was researched and prepared by legal personnel are available to registered business owners. This can save a new business owner a lot of time.
Because they are primarily focused on those who require continuous legal services, Rocket Lawyer is one of the more expensive business formation services. Rocket Lawyer's regular plans are invoiced every month and are designed for anyone who needs legal advice when starting a business or seeking to improve the registration services they already have.
Based on Our Review
I was impressed by this agent’s customer service during my review. I found the customer support to be responsive and helpful. Moreover, the user-friendly interface made it easier to use the platform.
- Excellent customer support with real lawyers provides accurate solutions for their clients.
- Separate pricing for members and non-members, with their members enjoying several freebies that are otherwise paid for.
- The monthly plan makes subscription and cancellation easier.
- A 7-day free trial of their premium services gives prospective clients a glimpse of what to expect.
- The monthly subscription runs alongside paying for some special services like the RA service.
- The automatic fee deductions after the 7-day free trial period are completed.
If you need continuous legal guidance and services after forming your LLC, Rocket Lawyer is a good option. This platform is especially ideal for novice business owners who have limited contract expertise.
Factors to Consider in Choosing a Delaware Registered Agent Service.
Your Registered Agent will be in charge of important correspondence for your company. It is essential for your business that you can vouch that the agent will be available to receive your letters, notify you of receipts, and follow up with timely reminders. By using a Registered Agent service, you are ensuring that your business meets legal standards.
Here is a list of things to look out for when choosing a registered agent service:
Physical office in the state your business is located
This almost goes without saying. Your choice of registered agent service must be one that is fully registered in the state, and also one that has an office physically situated in Delaware. The address of your Registered Agent will be necessary when you file your Articles of Organisation to start your business. This is according to legislation in Delaware (1).
In my opinion, a physical office also make it easier to reach out to the agent service for consultation in-person.
Finding a competent Registered Agent will provide you with the assurance you need to concentrate on running your business. Check to see if the Registered Agent service you're contemplating has a long history. This could suggest that the company has satisfied customers and continues to attract new clients.
In determining the Registered Agent’s credibility, use the following:
- Client feedback and reviews
A foolproof way to actually check the quality of services rendered by an RA service is to check online for reviews. The trick is to check third-party sites that specialize in reviewing products and services like Trustpilot. Reviews on these sites are more critical and will help you make unbiased decisions as regards an RA service.
Look for reviews on the company's website, as well as client comments on LinkedIn, Facebook, and other social media platforms.
- Take a look at the company's performance history
An RA service performance history will give you insight into their job success score. Generally, services that have been around for longer periods tend to have better performance history. However, newer services can also put up impressive statistics, an example is Zenbusiness.
Well-known names usually imply reliable knowledge and convenient service. Check the company's track record before entrusting your business to them.
Choose Nationwide Providers
This is critical if you intend to grow your company in the future. With a registered agency with branches across the country, you won't have to go through the hassle of switching Registered Agency services, and you'll have limitless options to expand your business.
Be sure the Registered Agency has a real office address in the states where you now operate and plan to expand. A good Registered Agent service will be able to provide services in all 50 states, giving you the flexibility to expand your business at any time. For more information on this check out our complete guide on choosing the best registered agent services in 2022.
Every business owner has distinct needs when it comes to a Registered Agent. However, the most crucial thing a Registered Agent should do is transfer all of your documents to you, via multiple channels, with minimal engagement from you.
So make sure to pick a service that:
- has a user-friendly document management system;
- provides online storage;
- backs up your documents in your email;
- allows you to upload documents from your end.
The cost of a Registered Agent varies based on the services provided. Some Registered Agents offer services that may be restricted to the absolute minimum of receiving your legal paperwork and notifying you as required. Other agents may digitise all of your key documents and provide online assistance to make it easier for you to access them. Whatever the case, they are likely to charge you based on the services you enjoy.
Delewa Registered Agents cost roughly $100 each year. And if you’d require additional services rendered like document management, legal consulting, proofing services, or even compliance reminders, then you’d likely have to pay around $300 or more.
Ultimately, I think the agent’s features and other offerings will give you a better idea about how much money you should spend.
Because you'll be checking your mail daily, it’s essential that your choice agent for registering your business should have a website that’s user-friendly.This is essential for avoiding complications in the processes and also allow you to concentrate on running your business. Customer service should be considered in addition to notice and delivery of your correspondence.
Is it easy to contact your Registered Agent? Is your agent able to answer your queries and respond quickly to your calls? You should only hire a Registered Agency Service that can rapidly resolve issues and provide assistance when required.
In my opinion, it’s essential to favor agent’s who are reachable across multiple platforms for better reliability.
Security and Privacy
One of the key advantages of using an RA service is the privacy it offers. Clients must be able to trust that their information is safe with them. Now, although an RA service will promise to keep your information and documents secure, you should look into the steps they take in securing their client's information. An example is the Legalzoom RA service which partners with Experian to protect their customers from identity theft protection.
Your most significant paperwork will be handled by your Registered Agent. Discretion and trustworthiness are essential qualities for the position, and your agent must preserve your privacy. You'll also want to know that critical papers will not be overlooked or mistreated. Above all, you must ensure that your Registered Agents guards your documents against data breaches and cyber-attacks.
Do you have any other requirements that you'd like a Registered Agent to take care of for you? Would you prefer assistance with drafting legal documents or access to a lawyer? Some businesses provide these additional services, which may be beneficial to your company.
Your agent may be able to supply you with tools and alert systems to help you stay on top of compliance requirements and guide you through the process. Consider who will serve as your company's registered agent while you incorporate your corporation or LLC. While a registered agent is required by law (2), the appropriate Registered Agent will be a valuable asset to your company.
“Your Registered Agent will be in charge of important correspondence for your company. It is essential for your business that you can vouch that the agent will be available to receive your letters, notify you of receipts, and follow up with timely reminders.”
What is the Function of a Registered Agent?
A registered agent is a person or company that has the responsibility of receiving official mail and legal papers on behalf of a company. A Registered Agent plays a key role in how litigation is handled on the client’s behalf.
Who can serve as a Registered Agent?
There are qualifications for becoming a Registered Agent in Delaware. They must have a physical street address in the state, which cannot be a post office box. During business hours, they are expected to be available to accept any notices, services, or other documentation on their client’s behalf.
Is it possible for me to do it myself?
While it is still legal to operate as the Registered Agent for your own company, it is not recommended. This makes your name and address public, which can be inconvenient for those who cherish their privacy.
Is it free to have a registered agent?
No. You must still pay a state charge even if you obtain it on your own. It is part of the incorporation package, so you will have to pay for it as well.
Isn't it possible for me to just hire an attorney to act as my registered agent?
If you own a small business, you can hire an attorney to execute the process for you, or you can register as your own Registered Agent. Registered Agent service is usually less expensive than hiring an attorney.
Is it possible for me to have more than one registered agent?
If you want to grow your company to multiple states, you'll need to have a Registered Agent in each of these states.
When may I alter my Registered Agent Service?
You can alter your Registered Agent at any time.
How do I alter my Register Agent Service?
You can simply appoint a new Registered Agent, file a specific Change of a Registered Agent form with the state and then discontinue the former RA service at an estimated fee.
Will my annual report be filed by my Registered Agent?
A Registered Agent can assist you with filing your annual report, but registered agent service does not include annual report filing.
Now that we have gone through the indicators of a good Registered Agent as well as the best registered agent Services in Delaware, you can make informed decisions. Remember the value you place on your business will reflect on the type of Registered Agent you hire.
We strongly recommend Northwest Registered Agent. The many benefits of transparency, privacy, and optimal customer care service makes Northwest Registered Agent a reliable choice.
If you have any questions or wish to share your Registered Agent experience, please use the comment section below.
- DELAWARE DIVISION OF CORPORATIONS Registered Agent Listing Standards. (n.d.). [online] Available at: https://corpfiles.delaware.gov/agtwebreq.pdf
- delcode.delaware.gov. (n.d.). Delaware Code Online. [online] Available at: http://delcode.delaware.gov/title8/c001/sc03/index.shtml#P21_1010
Hours of Research